[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] 1/2 oz. FM radio
- Subject: Re: [at-l] 1/2 oz. FM radio
- From: Pat Villeneuve <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:50:34 -0600
- Organization: Spencer Museum of Art - University of Kansas
I've carried a similar one in a film canister. Used it to pick up
weather forecasts. Never tried for NPR or any extended listening. I was
carrying it for emergencies only and was satisfied.
Give Me Chocolate
Mara Factor wrote:
> Hi all,
> City Sports has a tiny FM radio that weighs 1/2 oz. and runs on a watch
> battery. Has anyone used such a radio and does it pick up enough radio
> stations along the way to be useful?
> I think carrying 1/2 oz. might be worth it for the occasional weather
> report and NPR news.
> What do you think?
> GA > ME 1999
> P.S. For any AM radio junkies, they also have an equivalent 1/2 oz. AM
> radio. -MF
> Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
> * From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *