[at-l] Best Wishes

I have a list of folks I know all written in a book,
And every year when christmas comes, I go and take a look;
and that is when I realize the names are just a part,
Not only of the book they're in, but in my very heart.

Each name stands for someonw who has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting, has become the rhythm in each rhyme;
And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim,
I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

Though some of you are not aware of any "special link",
Each one of you has changed my life a lot more than you think,
For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face.

So never think my Christmas card is just a mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between;
For when I send a Christmas card that is addresed to you
It's because you're on my list of folks whom I'm indebted to.

For I am but the total of the many folks I've met,
And you're among the folks I don't want to forget;
Whether I have known you for many years or a few,
In some way you had a part in shaping things I do.

And every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew
A special Christmas Blessing is knowing folks like you,
May Peace and Joy and Cheer abide
With you and Yours this Christmastide.
					Author Unknown.
						Triathlon Grandma