Re: [at-l] Feelix

In a message dated 12/23/98 3:45:15 PM EDT, kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<< I hope we can all send some positive vibes to da Feelixmon.
 Weather channel makes it look preeeetty grim in the Smokies.
 What a way to miss a view.  It holds true...the Smokies
 do whatever is necessary to hide their wonders <g>  k./\

This is the forecast for the Smoky Mountains. On the AT the temperatures could
be 10 to 15 deg. lower then forecasted. I hiked it in 1993 with 2 to 3 feet of
snow on the ground. The Smoky Mountains is some of the easiest hiking on the
AT.

Wildbill
GA to ME 89
GA to ME to GA 92-93

*********************FORECAST******************************
BLOUNT SMOKY MOUNTAINS-COCKE SMOKY MOUNTAINS-MONROE SOUTHEAST-
POLK EAST-SEVIER SMOKY MOUNTAINS-
1007 AM EST WED DEC 23 1998

...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FOR TODAY...
...WINTER STORM WATCH FOR TONIGHT AND THURSDAY...
.TODAY...PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN..FREEZING RAIN MAY BE MIXED WITH
SLEET AT TIMES. ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO ONE INCH POSSIBLE. HIGH IN THE MID
30S. NORTHEAST WIND AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION IS 80 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...SLEET..POSSIBLY MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN AT TIMES. LOW IN
THE LOWER 30S. NORTHEAST WIND AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
IS NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...SLEET...POSSIBLY MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN AT TIMES. HIGH
IN THE MID 30S. NORTHEAST WIND AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
80 PERCENT.

.CHRISTMAS WEEKEND FORECAST...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SLEET OR
FREEZING RAIN CHRISTMAS DAY. LOW IN THE UPPER 20S. HIGH IN THE MID
30S. PARTLY CLOUDY AND NOT AS COLD SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. LOWS

SATURDAY
AND SUNDAY IN THE MID 20S. HIGHS SATURDAY IN THE MID 40S. HIGHS
SUNDAY NEAR 50.