[at-l] and now...a joke

Little Johnny desperately wanted a backpack for Christmas. His
friends were writing letter to Santa Claus, so Johnnie decided to do
them one better.

"Dear Jesus," he wrote. "If I get a  backpack for Christmas, I will not
fight with my brother Hank for a year." Then Johnnie thought, Oh, no,
Hank is such a brat, I could never, ever keep that promise. So Johnnie
threw away the letter and wrote anew:

"Dear Jesus, if I get a  backpack for Christmas, I will eat all my
vegetables for a year." Then Johnnie thought, Oh, no, that means spinach

and asparagus. Yuck! I could never ever keep that promise. Then Johnnie
had an idea. He threw away the paper and went downstairs to the living
room.

>From the mantel above the fireplace, he grabbed the family's statue of
the Virgin Mary. Taking the statue to the kitchen he wrapped it in
newspapers then stuffed the newspapers into a grocery bag. He took the
package upstairs to his room, opened the closet and placed the whole
works in the farthest, darkest corner. Then he closed the closet door
tightly, took a new sheet of paper and wrote:

"Dear Jesus. If you ever want to see your mother again..."