Subject: Re: [at-l] thru-hikering attitude
Author:  Slyinmd@aol.com at ima
Date:    12/19/98 10:17 PM
<snippity>
But shortly after my start (300 miles) something happened, writing was taking
too much time from my trail experience and I happened to be in constant pain,
writing about it wasn't going to solve my problem and I didn't want to bore
the masses or worry my family.  I had to get my head on straight and that was
by living the trail, not writing about it for prosperity.
<snippity>

A thru-hike can be an exceedingly long time, but any minutes self reflecting
and holing yourself up in the corner of a shelter writing, appears contrary to
me.  I was amazed at the number of hikers cozy in their sleeping bags,
writing.

I know this is a weird post, but my feelings are, any minutes that you have
living on the trail should be just that, the future memories will always be
there.

Check out the sourounding area, collect fire wood, find rocks, watch ants,
inch worms, birds, animals, explore!

Way over my normal, limited post,  Sly