Re: [at-l] thru-hikering attitude

>A thru-hike can be an exceedingly long time, but any minutes self
>reflecting >and holing yourself up in the corner of a shelter writing,
appears
>contrary to >me.  I was amazed at the number of hikers cozy in their
sleeping

I don't know Sly. For me, the AT was as much as mental and spiritual
journey, as a physical one. I enjoyed that 20 minutes or so at the end of
my day to collect my thoughts, to see what has happened that has affected
me for that day. Looking back on my journal, seems like very little is
about the 'daily routine',  my memories for that day are more how I felt,
what I was thinking.  If I did not write down how I felt on July 23, I
doubt I would remember that day 25 yrs from now.   For me, the journal
was a much needed way to do some mental housekeeping.