Re: [at-l] thru-hikering attitude

In a message dated 12/18/98 8:18:24 AM MST, hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

<< I promised myself before I started that
 I would faithfully keep a journal (which I did), and the last line of each
 day's entry was what I called "TBTTHT" - "The Best Thing To Happen Today". >>

I've intermittently kept a "grateful" journal for several years. Each day i
write down three things i'm grateful for....not "I'm grateful it didn't rain."
They have to be positively stated as in "I'm grateful for a dry day." I did
this also in my trail journal. It helps. : )

Second Chance