RE: [at-l] Slik Sleeping Bag Liners

I use the liner by itself in Florida during the summer. It isn't warm enough for anything much below 55 degrees, even in Florida. It weighs about 4 oz., your mileage may vary depending upon brand.

Lee I Joe
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-at-l@backcountry.net [mailto:owner-at-l@backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Jeff Walters
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 1998 1:07 AM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Slik Sleeping Bag Liners

Just a couple simple questions for all the gear experts on this list.  I've been thinking about getting a silk sleeping bag liner to complement my 20 deg down bag when it is extremely cold and to be used alone when it is only a little cold out.  I do most of my backpacking in Florida and even when it is "cold" down here the down bag is overkill.

What is the approx. weight of a silk liner?
What temperature could you use it in (without a sleeping bag) and still keep warm?  (Let's assume tent usage.)

Thanks in advance for all the great responses ;)
Jeff