Re: [at-l] Food!!!

     I really don't care for peanut butter one way or another when I've got
     four walls and a reliable roof, but put my out-of-doors, and PB or
     PB/Honey/Dry Milk becomes "the food of the gods!"

     Likewise, I can't stomach even the thought of sardines/mackeral for
     lunch "in town," but out on the trail? It's at least passable, if not
     yummy. (Fish is especially good, as you can burp it all afternoon, and
     not feel so hungry....{Now there's an appetizing thought, eh?})

     Lessee, CHEESE! I always loved cheese before I did my throughhike, and
     carried a bunch early on, but came to hate the thought of it. I
     carried a brick of colby into Pearisburg, shipped it to Cloverdale (90
     miles north) carried it 3-4 more days, then finally ate it over two
     days on the trail. That (June, 1979) might have been the last time I
     ate cheese until Xmas, 1983, when, in a fit of Holiday revelry, I
     discovered the sublime synergy of Tequila, lime, and Swiss Cheese. Ah,
     the memories! Ate the whole two-pound chunk, went right out and got
     more of all three. Mmmm.

     Even GORP leaves me nearly indifferent "in town", but on the Trail!
     YUMMMMM!

     I know I'll think of more.............