Re: [at-l] (no subject)

his was said to a thru-hiker--
<< "I hear some 80 year old guy hiked the Appalachian Trail this year, it must
not be as hard as they say if somebody that old can do it".  >>
  As a section hiker, I hear " ...oh, so you've never done the whole thing?"
quite often. Like it's that simple!  Yeah, I know... blind guys, girls, old
people have done it... must be just a walk in the park, right? <g>
  Last year somebody on one of the lists said something like "I don't see what
the big deal is, it's just walking." Most people from the 'real world' don't
understand what being a thru-hiker means. They never will. Don't let them get
you down, just keep showing the slides!
TJ