Re: [at-l] 80 yr old

At 3:15 PM -0500 12/12/98, MNagel630@aol.com wrote:
>While out running errands today and as usual ran into some people who asked me
>about my hike this year.  Then somebody said, "I hear some 80 year old guy
>hiked the Appalachian Trail this year, it must not be as hard as they say if
>somebody that old can do it".  This gets me very annoyed and I have to explain
..

One should not be annoyed,or it pride or recognition of your accomplishment
your annoyance. You know what you did, you do not need a sign post.

Rather one should welcome the opportunity with your slides to show the
beauty you have seen for the many months on the trail, the humility that
hopefully nature has shown mankind, simply allow others to enjoy the
beauty through your slides and the challenges of nature. Those many months
will surely speak for themselves.

Speak of the enjoyment,humility not pride. You know your accomplishments, you
have seen the beauty, Speak of that and life will be more enjoyed by others
too.

Tom Bear Bells Caggiano