Re: [at-l] P.O. Distances from the Trail

Good work, Bristlecone, and thanks. Now all we need is someone to work in all the other establishments (hostels, businesses, etc.) that will accept maildrops. I used those at least as much as I used the PO.

Give Me Chocolate

Lucian Hicks wrote:

 I did this for myself and thought I would share it with everyone.  It's a list of distances from the AT to various towns where P.O.s are located, based on available sources.  Note: the distances are not to the P.O. itself, for the most part, but rather to the towns.  Where the trail passes through a town, I've noted that town as a "Trail Town", and no distance is given.  Sometimes the trail goes right past the P.O., but usually not. If you feel as though doing this yourself is an important part of the trail experience, you may disregard what follows.  Anyway, I hope someone finds it helpful. Lucian ("Bristlecone")
GA>ME '99Suches, GA: 1.9

Hiawassee, GA: 11

Franklin, NC: 11

Fontana Dam, NC: 2