Re: [at-l] Y2K

> My concern about Y2K is the old unix machines that comprise the backbone
> of the internet.

Actually, UNIX (at least the flavors I've worked with) doesn't store the
date as any kind of MM/DD/YY format.  It actually stores date and time as
the number of seconds that have elapsed since some date in the 60's.  While
this sounds bizarre, it'll work fine for a *very* long time, and is actually
very memory efficient.  It just means that any time you need to get the date
from the system, it gives you this huge number.  You then have to pass that
number to a routine that converts it to a more user-friendly format.

db