[at-l] good news for all of us

I just heard news report that said the deal with the Champion Paper company
went though to preserve a gajillion-or-so acres in the Northern Forest for
public use.  (not sure of the exact acrage, but I'm sure it was just short
of a gajilion).  NY, VT, NH, and ME will each be paying a few billion
dollars to buy the land from the paper company ... more protected land for
us outdoorsey tree-hugger types.  Not sure if any of this land abutts the
AT, but I do know there are lots of mountains to be hiked up there in that
country.

Always overflowing with details,
Pooh