[at-l] PA Hunting Accidents

As an annual PA Deer Hunter, I was concerned with the recent quote on numbers of PA gun accidents so I received the following from an E-Mail to the Pennsylvania Game Commission.  One should be aware that over 1,000,000 (yes a million) hunters are in the PA woods on the first day of Deer season!

The E-Mail follows:
"Our Bureau of Information & Education can document 19 fatals and 443 nonfatal accidents from 1993-97.

DISCLAIMER:

     In addition to the general disclaimers in the PA Home Page, this response to your inquiry should not be considered complete or final on legal interpretation.  We suggest that you consult your Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations or the statute or regulations or discuss your question with a Game Commission officer  for a more definitive answer.  Personnel at any Game Commission office would be happy to assist you."