[at-l] tent poles

Someone asked about using hiking sticks as tent poles.  I have
been using them for years for tarps and A frame tents.  A frame
tents can be set up with either poles or a rope getween trees to
hold up the ridge.  All my walking sticks & ski poles have wrist
straps (the sticks have a hole drilled with cord through it tied
in a loop) the cord goes through the loop and then to a stake to
hold up the tent.  Voila! No poles weighing down the pack.

Rich