Now the fun. Instead of shooting 18 deer and using
their skins, I bought a roll of Typar at the lumber yard. Total cost
was $36 and change. It was three feet by 111.5 feet (odd dimensions,
eh?). It's charcoal gray on both sides, with advertising on one
side. I unrolled the material, going around the circumference of
layout, stapling the Typar at the bottom of each leg. Just one
staple. I chose to leave an opening between two legs to be my
doorway. Next I pleated top the material at each pole, tucking it
neatly, folding and stapling. The first course was done. I think
you get the picture. I ran the next course right above it, overlapping
the bottom course by three or four inches, to provide a weather seal, so to
speak. (I can assure you, this tee-pee is not airtight).
Altogether I ran four courses, and an opening about a foot
from the pole lashings remains as a chimney for the structure. Inside
the tee-pee, I ran a rope between the fabric, around each pole with two
half-hitches, at about four feet from the floor. This serves to permit
hanging all kinds of stuff, food bag, clothing bag, boots, whatever.
Two pieces of Typar were overlapped on each side of the
doorway, each stapled on one side only at the bottom, and each stapled on
both sides at the top to the poles. On the bottom edge, I stapled the
material to a couple of small sticks of wood to weight down the flaps.
Around the entire structure, I banked up leaves to fill in the