[at-l] RE: Air Travel with a Pack

Greetings,

My Jansport external frame pack (essentially empty) fits into a garment
bag box.  When I fly with my pack for my section hikes, I put my gear
into a large duffle.  Once I get to my destination, I crunch my duffle
and my street clothes into a mailer and mail it my ending town's post
office.  The garment box has worked well for me and my hiking partner;
usually items in these boxes are among the lightest stowed items and
tend to be stacked together or in the top of the cargo hold, reducing
smush potential.

Take Care,

Tim Rich
Kennesaw, GA