Re: [at-l] I've got it bad...

From:           	Buckspring@aol.com

> Anne and I got in a 10 mi. hike on the MST last Saturday from Rattlesnake
> Lodge to the Folk Art Center NE of Asheville and it was a bit odd.

Asheville=Nostalgia. My daughter used to live about two blocks from
the Folk Art Center. Many times I would have her drop me off at
some point on the Blue Ridge Parkway early in the morning, and I
would hike back to her apartment along the MST.

The hikes were for the most part very pleasant, but one time I
encountered a dying dog. The poor thing could walk, but was too
sick to hold it's head up. If I had had a gun I would have killed it to
put it out of it's misery. I called the appropriate NPS agency when I
got to a phone, but they probably didn't do anything.

Memories, memories.

Richard