RE: [at-l] I am looking at trekking poles...

> Highly recommended. I am very interested in the recent tent that
> uses poles for
> supports. This seems like an incredibly obvious idea, after the fact.

I'm going to show my age here...

I have ALWAYS used a hiking stick for tent poles until just recently when I
bought my very first shock-corded tent. Of course the old tent was also
usually an Army shelter half, or occasionally a tarp rigged as a fly or
lean-to. Having recently carried said shock-corded tent thirty miles in the
Smokies, I'm ready to go back to the lean-to!

Lee I Joe