Re: [at-l] Air travel with a pack

One way is to have the pack boxed, or even more interesting is plastic wrapped.
In Atlanta, there is an area near baggage claim to have unwieldy packages or
boxes essentially shrink wrapped, leaving them looking like huge cocoons (or
maybe pod people). It may be reasonable to remove the belt and shoulder straps,
pack them in your carry on luggage, and simply send the pack as a duffle bag.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA