Re: [at-l] Air travel with a pack

MManzano@aol.com wrote:

> Could anyone tell me about air travel with a backpack?  How do you secure the
> belt as well as shoulder and compression straps?  I have gone by train to a
> trailhead or in a vehicle, but never by air, and I'm wondering how to manage
> it.  Any suggestions?
>
> Gypsy

Living in Kansas, I frequently travel to trails by air. Generally, I
toss my bag (a small internal) in a "self-cinching" leaf or trash bag. I
use a sticky mailing label at ID. One desk agent who did not like my
plan managed to squeeze my pack into a garment bag box. Frequently, I
see people cinch all the straps and check their packs as is.

Give Me Chocolate--and a trail in Kansas, please...