[at-l] i am looking at treking poles...

i see this leki stuff and i also see rei stuff. i was streered away from
krombells (the german ones) or whatever many times already.

are rei brands any good.. i know leki make quality things (or so people say)
but i want to know has any one bought these slighty heavier(3 oz a pair i
think) REI trekking poles and have anythign good to say? OR BAD for that
matter

it is much cheaper than the leki and i am not to fond of wood ones... i have
had many bad experiences with them breaking without a pack on.  but if i can
not deside i will just do the wood thing anyway. i will just find thicker
wood i suppose.  with the pack though i am uncertain i really am not sure if
i use the sticks right anyway i feel i am not really getting much out of the
sticks except on the uphills and tricky footings..  that is why i want the
modern allumium things. i will carry around more weight but when i need the
things no searching around for a sutable peice of wood i can just pull em
out.  and hey maybe i will get to know them better and i will them be able
to use them on downhills and flats to my advantage to.

any ideas .. i am hoping to get many ideas on this... just tell me what you
think and i will deside for myself.   right now i just use nothing but leg
but i fear that will enventually mess up my knees

bOTLEnECK