Re: [at-l] No pack cover

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Thorneloe <thornel@ibm.net>
Date: Saturday, December 05, 1998 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: [at-l] No pack cover

>Do people find enough rain water gets in to create a puddle, or is the rain
>problem primarily due to high humidity and moisture from setting the pack
down?

Even when I would throw gear into my pack without regard to to weight, I
never used a pack cover.  Anything that I don't want to get wet goes into
some kind of water proof bag.  Even if I used a pack cover, I wouldn't trust
it enough to _not_ put my clothes or sleeping bag inside garbage bags.  I've
never noticed my pack, or its contents absorbing or collecting significant
amounts of water.  So personally, other than the blaze orange model for
hunting season, I've never seen much value to pack covers.

Peter

Visit my hiking pages at http://www.pipeline.com/~pnyberg/Hiking/Hiking.html