[at-l] The Hiker's Bed?? was ANON SYMPTOMS LIST

     I have one word for y'all with regard to a throughhiker's bed: FUTON.

     (By the way, I'm speaking of a true futon here, not one of these
     "foam-enhanced" lies which you actually are forced to pay extra for!)

     Futons (without the dang foam) are hypoallergenic, get FIRMER with
     age, never creak, bounce, or shake with another's movements, are
     cooler when it's hot and warmer when it's not; they can be folded into
     chairs if they're smaller and couches when their larger, or left to be
     gymnastics facilities (for the kiddies) when they're huge. They're
     cheap for what-all they do, and you can "redecorate" by simply buying
     a different cover.

     Alison and I have been futoning it for a dozen years now, and of our
     queen (on which we sleep), our double (on which Connor and Cole sleep)
     and our single (which we've had the longest, and was our only bed for
     our first 6 months in Indy), none show any age.

     And the best part is that you never have to get used to sleeping on a
     truly flat surface -- makes you feel quite at home in a leanto.