Re: [at-l] Emergency Blanket

In a message dated 12/2/98 8:42:38 PM EDT, johno@mail.monmouth.com writes:

<< Hi BotleNeck,
 I just push it in a quart size zip-loc baggie compress the air out and zip
 it up.  I put a rubber band around the baggie.  This will serve the
 purpose.  It would take a whole thru-hike to rewrap the blanket the way it
 was when you bought it.  I've seen a heavy duty blanket at Campmor.  Jeeez
 now I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to Campmor to get the price and model
 number for you :)  Next time I'm there I'll get the info if somebody
 doesn't pass it on before hand.  That doesn't mean I won't go back to
 Campmor before I leave for Springer the end of February.
 Have a good one.
 John

 i got a question to i unraveled mine and tried and tried to get it as small
 as a ziploc bag?  how did you do it it is one of those puzzled like "get the
 funcky shaped rings apart and back together" that you buy for kids this time
 a year.  i can not figure out how to get it bag to anythgin similar to it
 original size.

 and i also heard someone talk of a heavy duty space blanket?  where do you
 buy that i want to know

 BotleNeck

Heavy duty space blankets are at: K-Mart, WalMart, almost anywere that sales
sporting goods. Or from any one of these online catalogs.
1. <A HREF="http://www.campmor.com/">Campmor</A>
2. <A HREF="http://www.llbean.com/">Welcome to L.L. Bean</A>
3. <A HREF="http://www.uscav.com/">U. S. CAVALRY'...</A>
4. <A HREF="http://www.actiongear.com/">Brigade Quartermasters ActionGear