Re: [at-l] Hikers anonymous assoc

An old friend of mine was often unable to accompany me to REI due to
her absolute inability to leave the store without having $100 added to
her already overwhelming credit card balance. If we stopped by an REI
before a trip we would always end up on the trail HOURS later than we
had planned because of her habit. She was, and still is, desperately in
need of an intervention.
  REI has to be a least twice as addictive as crack cocaine and is now
much more widely available with its web site and all. Even a serious
vodka bender has nothing on a REI binge. REI can cause is a crippling,
debilitating disease that too few hikers even know they have or are
willing to admit being at risk of.
  We all know someone who needs help. Please, sponsor a hiker in need
this holiday season.

Kanyon Kelly