Re: Re: [at-l] Bear Season Report

In a message dated 12/2/98, 9:01:45 AM, gunthie@juno.com writes:
<<Please do not give bear season reports.  Hunting has nothing to do with
this list.  Also hunting of any type goes entirely against the leave no
trace ethic that is so much talked about in the hiking community. >>

I had the same distaste at reading about boasts of how big a bear had to weigh
to make some hunter prideful.  I'm always interested in tips to deal with
hiking during hunting season, but I agree that those reports had nothing to do
with hiking.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear