[at-l] Trip Report: Thanksgiving, etc

The week beforeThanksgiving I went on a short hike with the boy
scouts from Port Clinton to Rte 183 in PA.  This was the cold weekend
and on Saturday we has snow flurries and ice pellets.  The climb out
of Port Clinton was kind of stiff for the old, out of shape adults,
but the boy literally ran up the mountain.  Once on top of the
mountain the rest of the hike leveled out.  It as ridge running al
the way.  Spent the night in Eagle Nest shelter.  I did not pack a
tarp or tent so I spent the night in the shelter.  Te shelter was
really nice and the spring had water!!!  Sunday was a quick 6 miles
out throught some preety nice trail, thought there was one really
rocky section.

I did not get any hiking in this past wekend even though the weekend
was beautiful.  I did get several walks in and I spent a lot of time
with my family.  My daugther was up from college and we had a great
weekend.  I am sick of turkey and ready to get back to work.  I hope
everyone had a good holiday weekend.

Grey Owl