[at-l] Vertically Challenged or Vertically Endowed?

This afternoon my hiking partner in these parts and I were sitting at her
daughter's basketball scrimage, talking about my prospective difficulties in
Mahoosuc Notch.
Specifically, I refer to the picture of "Peace Dog" at that location in the
book Appalachian Adventure.

So my friend (who, incidentally, was on a hike with a similar challenge with
me here in Rocky this fall and KNOWS how challenging this will be for me)
suggested, first, an extension ladder.  :)  I told her how far I'd have to
carry it.  Then she really brightened and suggested one of those collapsible
ladders that are advertised for escaping burning second story buildings.  :)
:) :)

Have any of you seen one of those advertised, claiming to weigh no more than
16 ounces?  If so, I believe it would fit in a New England mail drop
handsomely.

Then we discussed what to do with it after its use was done.  Should I leave
it for the next wee person?  No, that would be against the principles of LNT.
Perhaps there's an 8-ounce one available.  Maybe if several of us who have
this difficulty hiked that portion together, we could unhinge the links and
share the burden as we marched up the Arm.

I am thankful to have such fun moments as I await D-Day.

Kinnickinic