re: [at-l] Post X-mas Georgia hike

matt -

since i get the digest version of this list, my responses tend to be
"after the fact", but i think you are getting responses indicating that
three weeks from springer will not get you beyond the smokies, especially
in january.  baltimore jack, a very experienced hiker, did two weeks from
springer to fontana this past hiking season and paid the price.  he had
to pull himself off the trail in order to get his legs back.  take it
easy with those miles, or pay for it for a long, long time...

anyway, there is another option.  felix will be finishing at the
beginning of the year.  his daily mileage now is sporadic, so he can not
readily predict his end date, but early to mid-january sounds right.  my
plans are to hike with him a bit as he finishes.  come along and join us.
 you'll get your hike in and have a great time...

pittsburgh