[at-l] A variety of subjects (kinda long)

I feel like I'm home!!  I can read my mail now at work, but it is way too
slow, and answering is slower, more of a chore than I can manage at this job,
where I actually have to work :(

So - now that I'm all caught up, let me bore you for a moment. <g>

As far as vertically challenged goes - I have always been "vertically"
challenged, although recently (or at least since Cassy) I've been more
concerned about being horizontally challenged when it comes to hiking :)
There are advantages - like, your long legged partner, if you happen to be on
a straight, relatively even stretch (uh huh) will make it to your night spot
and have camp set up before you get there :)  Our center of gravity is lower,
thereby making us MUCH more stable crossing streams and other difficult
terrain.  I admit crossing logs and other blow downs is a bit more difficult -
but if you're with a taller hiker, while they will laugh, they will also
assist you across - and everytime THEY get smacked in the face with a branch,
or their pack gets knocked sidewise by a taller branch, you can silently
snicker.  It may be true we take more steps on a relatively straight path -
but I have found that my shorter, stronger legs go longer than some longer
legs do on the harder stretches.  So - do not lament that you are vertically
challenged!  Look for the pluses - there are lots of them.

Views?  We can appreciate them more when we worked for them - we will never
own them.

I've never fallen on a Trail, don't know.

Never had my pack on so long it stinks, but I think it being an external frame
will help.

The Trail too hard?  Needs to be harder.  Less hard?  That one's wide open.  I
don't want it paved, but it would be nice if you didn't have to blue blaze for
the really good views sometimes.

Anyway - It feels good to be back with a mail program that works halfway
decent, and time to read the posts.  I was beginning to feel left out!!

and btw, I don't think tall trail maintainers have anything to do with making
it harder for us short people.  I think tall trail maintainers do an
exceptionally wonderful job :)

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00