Re: [at-l] And now, a scenic break..........

Wow, this is deep stuff we're into, and not the usual deep stuff either
;-)....

I would say that the views and encounters can't *belong* to anyone, but
the *memories* of those are mine, all mine.  But the memories are multiplied
exponentially if you hiked up to obtain them, rather than drove up.  I think
that's the point of this thread....

Sharon

>In a message dated 11/23/98 9:46:39 AM MST, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us
>writes:
>
><<  Trail views are earned, not given. You've proven your commitment
>      through sweat and tired hamstrings, and the sight is sweeter for the
>      effort. Yes, you can enjoy some great panoramas from your car window.
>      But they don't _belong_ to you. >>
>
>So here's the question of the week for everyone.
>
>When you reach those magnificent views or even the more intimate but special
>encounters with wildlife, do you feel this "belongs" to you or do you feel
>much smaller in relation to the magnificence (or God or grandeur or world or
>whatever you feel when you feel that feeling)?
>
>Second Chance

Sharon Sharpe
Head Athletic Trainer
Wellesley College