Re: [at-l] Where has it gone....

>As a former C-Span junkie, I have watched the debate....year after year.
>That along with several other annual shows.  I am serious and was hoping
>that someone had the figures on Trail allocations so I could include in my
>letters.  I thought that by comparing these buget oddities to a program
>that can benefit millions. rather than thoses devotees of Princess Di in Mo.,
>might add a new element to my annual letters.
>Signed.serious as a heart attack......k./\

Many people would also consider money for the Appalachian Trail
to be pork barrel spending.

Benefit is measured by votes. Can money that goes to volunteers
for the purpose of better maintaining a recreational trail compete
with money spent on projects that generate income for dozens or
hundreds of workers? Which project's beneficiaries will better
remember the oily scumball come election day?

Who knows? Perhaps the voters in Missouri think highly of the royal
inbreds.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->