[at-l] Re: Hiking "without" children......

In a message dated 11/18/98 9:10:26 AM MST, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us
writes:

<< And sorry to take so long to respond to Second Chance, especially in
      light of turning this thread "public," but I've been busy, and did not
      want to rush a response. Will try to get back to it very soon. Thanks
      for your patience. (OK, NOW you can flame away!!) >>

Never a flame from me.

The other night at my new job, I talked with a woman i was working with me.
She's my age or some little bit older....lol...i never really asked her age.
ANYWAY, she recalled the two months she spent when she was 8 years old with
her family on the John Muir trail in which the donkeys carried some gear and
they also carried their own backpacks. Memory lasts a long time....a lifetime
perhaps. She recalled that journey so very long ago and her face had that glow
that people have when they talk about a long distance trail experience.

I wish best prayers and a wonderful experience to the 80cc Y2K2K Expedition.

Second Chance