Re: [at-l] Hunters & Hiking the AT, Damascus to va 603

Yo,

	Since many hunters do choose to hunt directly on the AT. My hopes are
that someday our nations  longest "National Scenic Park" will at least
have a safety zone, 2,000+ miles without loaded weapons.  The AT is a
very small corridor thru vast hunting areas. There are plenty of places
to hunt safely. You cannot hunt legally while standing on a highway. But
its ok on a trail built for people only? I find it hard to believe that
it  is supported for the most part, by various hunting clubs in various
states. Perhaps its true but it's still hard to believe. In what manner
do hunting clubs give support? I expect most individuals that do trail
work with an AT club would never go out and shoot a gun toward, on or
across the trail. Hunting is a fine sport. I used to hunt on the AT,
heck its easy walking someone has kept the trail in great shape.  Later
when I began hiking a lot I decided the AT is no place for me to hunt.
The better I new an area the more I realized the danger of a shot fired
from the trail crossing the trail again at another point.

But that's just me.

chase

--
Charles W. Davidson (WB4PAN)