Re: [at-l] Winter Trip Tips long

Charles W. Davidson wrote:

> Danger!!! Most Plastic soda bottles are made of shrink plastic. If you
> fill them with boiling water and put the top on you have created a bomb!

Seriously?????  Yikes!!!   Ok I don't fill them with water that's boiling ..I
boil
the water cause i don't use a filter and chemicals are iffy when it's cold.
But
I have noticed they deform inward overnite.  Never considered they'd
explode...
thanks Chase!   What if I loosened and then retightened them after they cool
some.  and I never crawl into the bag until they warmed it up a bit so they
aren't
really hot anymore.  But thanks so much for the tip.
Sleepingbag bombs....sheesh.                k./\