[at-l] Tuscarora Trail

I'm planning to hike the Tuscarora trail ( 250 mile blue blaze trail
attached to the AT in VA & PA ) this spring / early summer as a
shakedown , trial long trail hike before my AT in 2000.

Does anyone have any information on the trail?  I've got one of the info
booklets and know where to get the maps - i've already got 1, but was
wondering if anyone could give some first hand experience information.

I'd like to hear peoples recommendations about which direction to hike(
north vs south), good re-supply points and possible maildrop locations -
like to try out the whole maildrop / bounce box setup before I make my
final AT plans!  Also looking for any other year 2000 hikers who may
want to join me for all or even just a portion of the trail.

I hiked a short portion of the trail over the holiday weekend this
september and it was beautiful.

thanks for any help anyone can give me,

Paula
Ten Toes