[at-l] Sleeping bag for thru-hike

Hi Folks,
I'ld like to thank all who offered suggestions and comments since I posted
my gear list all were appreciated.
I've gotten a number of people asking questions about my using Western
Mountaineering 40 degree Down sleeping bag with Dryloft for my thru-hike
with a starting time of March 1.
Last winter using this bag I was quite comfortable in 20 degree weather.  I
use a layering system with my clothing to increase the warmth while in the
bag.  This winter I'll experiment using this sysytem in single digit
temperatures.  My backyard is my lab for such tests.  This way I won't be
in danger if my experiment fails badly.  That is if the family leaves the
back door unlocked for me.  If I'm not comfortable I'll change and carry my
20 degree Western Mountaineering Down sleeping bag with Dryloft.
Like a number of other hikers I increase the warmth within my sleeping bag
by layering clothing.  I can use some or all of this clothing list to
increase warmth while in sleeping bag.
sleeping bag liner made from Egyption cotton
2 pair of capilene mid-weight long johns
balaclava
3 pair of wool socks
Patagonia Zephyr jacket
EMS windbreaker nylon pants
Patagonia fleece shirt
Nothing I plan on carrying for this thru-hike is edged in stone.  Over the
last 2 years my list has changed many times over.  Carrying the least
amount of weight is a priority for me without endangering my health and
well being.  I would love to carry my 25 ounce 40 degree bag over the 38
ounce 20 degree bag.  But if I can't be comfortable in the 40 degree bag
with layered clothing in single digit temperature it will stay at home
until warmer weather appears.
Of course I'll carry items that could have been left home.  Some items I
enjoy too much and just won't leave without them.  I mean I'm not taking my
favorite pillow or teddy bear.  That is sacrifice enough for me.
Have a good one.
John