[at-l] Cold Breakfast (was breaking camp)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Villeneuve <patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>

>I've tried it every which way but loose, and I agree with Second Chance
>that the easiest way to save time getting out of camp is to forego a
>cooked breakfast. Especially if you make oatmeal, which is such a mess.
>
>That said, I'm still looking for good, non-cook breakfast options. Don't
>suggest poptarts <gag>.
>
>Give Me Chocolate

A routine that I intend to try out on my next hike is to cook some kind of
bread in the evening using my newly acquired Bakepacker, and use the loaf
for breakfast and snacks the next day.  The only problem I see with this is
that I'm not sure that I can keep myself from eating the warm bread when it
comes out of the oven :^)

I've done the Instant Breakfast thing too.  My biggest problem with that is
that it's hard to get milk taste out of the Nalgene bottle after.

     Peter

    Visit me at: http://www.pipeline.com/~pnyberg