Re: [at-l] breaking camp

In a message dated 11/5/98 3:54:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu writes:

> That said, I'm still looking for good, non-cook breakfast options. Don't
>  suggest poptarts <gag>.

I don't eat oatmeal so I had to find something to eat in the morning.  I don't
like to dally either as I am a slow hiker, need frequent breaks, and really
enjoy getting to the shelter early.

I start my day out with instant breakfast.  I drink this while I am packing
things up. About an hour up the trail I stop and eat more substantial food for
example....a bagel, cheese, or some salami (or all 3).  This stop is important
too as use this to make any necessary adjustments to my pack or boot laces,
etc.

        choovers