Re: [at-l] lard bottoms or city-soft? who's ready?

In a message dated 11/5/98 1:03:42 PM EST, SaraSW@aol.com writes:

<< Sometimes it seems that no matter how hard
 we try or how early we get up or how fast we try to move, we feel like we're
 in a slow motion movie. >>

Hiking time vs. camping time....it's all a matter of how you're enjoying your
hike. However, i *did* have that totally lost feeling of disorganization when
i first started hiking. Nothing seemed to fit right. I'd always forget to pack
something. One time i left a bag of clothing at the shelter which did reach me
later in the day....thanks, Night Grumbler & Sugarfoot!!!!

But then one day, i realized i did have a routine. I don't like to be rushed
getting ready even when i'm home. Still haven't returned to a fancy hairdo or
putting on make-up so that's not what takes time. I just need "dawdle" time.
So no....i never got out of camp in less than 1-1/2 hours. But then, i was
usually up and moving between 5:30 and 6:15. The joke amongst my friends when
i said good bye to them with my pack on while they sleepily lifted their heads
from their bags was: "Oh....is it 7:33 or 7:34?" <G>.

Organization DOES happen for you. One thing that streamlines getting moving in
the morning is breakfast. You can eat it 30-60 minutes down the trail. You can
eat a cold breakfast. You can eat a snack before leaving AND a snack in 30-60
minutes (my choice).

Second Chance