dealing with having it bad! Re[4]: [at-l] I've got it bad...

     WOW! That IS bad.
     JEEEEEEZ!
     I can't imagine.
     Seven extremely nutsy days elapsed between my klimb up da big K and my
     first day in college classes. One thing I strongly believed was that
     if I were to survive as a student (NEVER having BEEN a student in
     twelve years of previous "schooling"), I would have to leave the trail
     completely behind -- I took NOTHING to college, not even my boots.
     It's a long story, but that little manuever seemed to work, and I
     prospered as a college student. Fast forward to 1996, going through an
     aspiring throughhikers pack ONE WEEK before Springer ("Flipper") --
     kinda got me thinking again. If HE could do it in mid-career.....And
     our baby boys would be how old????? I've been
     thinking/planning/scheming this one out for two and a half years, but
     always with easy/doable short term goals (like this weekend's "OK,
     time to 'do cold'!" So!

     How intense is this for you?
     How have you managed it for so long?
     How can you STAND it being so far into the future?????
     Inquiring minds (well, mine at least) want to know! Spill!