Re: [at-l] I've got it bad...

Sorry, all. I didn't mean to get the oatmeal thing going again...

BTW, I thought it was impossible to do the trail without a good deal of
"character-building" weather. In fact, the folks at the Blueberry Patch
in northern Georgia told me it usually rains every day in April. In any
case, I ran into a thru-hiking couple in Vermont this year. They had
incredible timing (or very poor memories for people so young ;->); they
claimed they had had only three days of hiking in rain.

I, on the other hand, remember a section in Virginia when it rained for
eight straight days. Then we almost beat the oatmeal out of the hiker
who cautiously asked, "Have you noticed it hasn't rained in nearly TWO
hours?"

The Land of Oz had 1.25" on Hallowe'en, and 1.5" yesterday. And today,
well, you get the picture. Too bad I'm not hiking soon--got lots and
lots of trail candy.

Give Me Chocolate