[at-l] More thruhiker encounters :)

Well, in two days we picked up two groups - we got to know the second group a
bit better, because we took them to moms and left them there to do laundry and
take showers <g> They also got to do a little trick or treating with Cassy on
the way back to USA Raft (one of them stated that of all the things he thought
he'd be doing on his thru, this was one he hadn't thought of :) :))  We picked
up Redman, Hacksaw and Mouse on Friday, and then Pre, One-Pole and Wanderlust
on Saturday.  Talk about three guys with totally different pack weights having
a great time :)  It really brought home that as long as you hike your way, and
enjoy it, that's what counts.  But man, Wanderlust's pack was REALLY light!!
We were invited back to the campground for some "after trick or treating" fun,
and it was interesting, to say the least.  There were a ton of southbounders
there - I guess this years roster of southbounders will be much higher than
previous years.  I can't remember all the names - but in any case, it was a
good time.  Makes us wish even more we were on the Trail right now :(  And I
wish I had remembered to take my guitar back with us, because Redman is the
guy who was playing guitar after Leapfrog quit at the Gathering, and he was
really good.  Oh well, maybe next time.  One thing is for sure - "normal"
people would think we were nuts for picking up three guys and leaving them
alone in the house for a few hours, but - these were HIKERS, so that was okay
:)

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00