[at-l] Sleeping Bags

Well my head is full of facts and figures.
That Basecamp data base is really a cool tool!
But I'm more confused than ever!  So can I ask
about Dryloft...if I get a dryloft down bag can
I not worry about the down getting wet?  And
why do feather friends bags cost more than my 1st car?
Just kidding about that last part...I guess <grin>.
The reason I was looking at synthetic is due to dire
warnings about death or at least lugging a bag that
would get increasinly heavy everday.  Would the dryloft
coating stop that and does it last or flake off like the
coating on my raincoat?  Thanks......JP