[at-l] More on Meteors...bummer

I snatched this from rec.backcountry
bummer.....but what the heck...any excuse for a nite staring at the sky
<g>

snatched material:

"What about us East coasters?  Does anybody know if we're suppossed to
see
much?

Probably not.  It should be higher than normal in our area (possibly in
the
60 per hour range), but the real show will be in Asia.  The storm will
most
likely peak close to noontime on the East Coast so we're not likely to
see
anything.  Daytime fireballs are rare.

Incidentally, there's a lot of questions surrounding how long this peak
will
last.  It could actually last anywhere from a few minutes to as long as
12
hours or so depending on how much of the stream we pass through.  Keep
in
mind, too, that next year is supposed to be the real peak.  Now, that
will
be one to remember since it will be the last time the Earth passes
through
this stream.  In 2029, Jupiter will change the orbit of Comet
P/Swift-Tuttle
putting it out of reach of Earth's orbit."