[at-l] 1999 Thru-Hiker

Hi Folks,
Well after discussions with my wife and children I'm going to start my
thru-hike March 1, 1999.  Needless to say I am really excited and nervous.
I'll begin by drawing up a list of equipment I'll be bringing along for the
first section of the hike.  The first list will include warm clothing for
the colder weather that I'll experience in March and April.  Most equipment
I already have on hand.  I plan on carrying a very light load.  They are
calling for a cold winter in the northeast this year.  This will give me
more opportunities to test varies pieces of equipment and how they perform
in cold weather.  Last winter we had a very mild winter in NJ.  I usually
backpack one weekend a month year round.  I've experimented in my backyard
with new equipment and variations with my equipment. It keeps the neighbors
quessing when they see me set-up my tarp or bivy in a driving rain or snow
storm and climb in an sleep the night away.  I'll post my list for the
first section when it is completed.
Have a good one.
John