[at-l] KC's great adventure #5/final

Tuesday morning was a beautiful morning. It was a bit on the chilly side
but the sun was coming out. I tried to eat a poptart but could not finish
it. I was feeling a bit better but I knew this was going to be a looooong
walk. We had planned on going 9 miles. We finally left camp around 10:30am.
Beth twisted her ankle and fell twice. I was feeling poorly all day. We
stopped at a small creek to eat lunch and all I could do was sit and
shiver. We had only gone 3 miles and I felt like I was going to die! There
was a carpet of yellow, red, brown and green leaves. It was a fantastic
day, I just wish I could have enjoyed it more. We set up camp at 5pm about
1 1/2 miles from Sugar Hollow,,,,We had hiked 7 1/2 miles!
	Wed morning was crisp and we packed up and headed out. We arrived at 19E
at 2:30pm and the rest is history. All in all, I didn't get a chance to see
how the Vital18 worked. My brand new shiny pack worked well, I think,,,how
could I tell when I was in such misery? I only used the hammock once, Beth
let me use her therm-a-rest in the tent,,,she wanted to keep an eye on me.
Kia became an "old hand" at backpacking, he was going over and under logs,
crossing bridges, crossing fences like a pro. He took to other hikers but
didn't get in their way. He stayed on his side of the shelter, didn't
bother others when they were eating. Kia learned a lot this hike and become
a backpacking dog!!!! He had a fantastic time! End of adventure for this
trip. Ready to start another as soon as I am able. KC