[at-l] KC's great adventure #4

We are all the way up to Mon....woke up Mon morning and felt awful and I
mean awful. I had that feeling of being drunk and you just don't want to be
drunk anymore,,,know what I mean? I was dizzy, nauseated, miserable and
even more miserable. I wasn't hiking anywhere. I crawled out of my hammock
and Beth set up her Therm-a-rest in the shelter. We moved everything into
the shelter and spread out. Beth started gathering wood for a fire. At 1pm
it started to rain and rain and rain. If I had to pick a day to get sick
this was a good one. At about 5pm a Southbounder showed up. We talked for
awhile and another man with a dog showed up. Kia went nuts over the little
dog. It took awhile but Kia finally accepted the little dog. The
southbounder moved on cause Kia snapped at him. I thought everyone knew
that you do NOT hold a dog's face and put your face in his face eye to eye.
Well, this southbounder learned a lesson and was very lucky that Kia didn't
bite his face off. You DO NOT grab a dog by the face and try to have eye to
eye contact!!!! The other man (Tom) was northbound and was hiking as far as
he could till the weather became tooooo cold. We had a great time talking
about religion and the trail with Tom. We gave him some bucks and chocolate
so that he would call Four Winds and The RedHead for us,,,we were going to
be a day late for our pick up of food. We slept well that night with two
dogs keeping the mice away. KC